Tuesday, September 25, 2012

So thankful...

About 4 weeks ago I was very disappointed when I realized my trip to Freetown was going to be delayed. Even though I knew it was for the best, it took me a good week to get used to the idea. Now, looking back, I can say that this unexpected 'time out' was most welcome and very much needed. Not only have my health issues been sorted out (for the most part), but I have many other things to be thankful for.

Here are my Top Ten Thankful Thoughts from the past 4 weeks:
1. More time with my sister and her family
2. Seeing my parents after 416 days, otherwise we would have had to wait till 2013
3. The couple that is hosting/spoiling/encouraging me - taking oh so good care of me
4. Extra study time: at least I've increased my chances a bit by being able to study more
5. Excellent colleagues who have supported me and always look out for me from afar
6. Friends in Freetown and all over the world who have sent encouraging emails
7. Skype calls and good internet access - being able to communicate easily with friends
8. Access to excellent healthcare and being able to get appointments quickly
9. No side effects to the medication I am on (last April it was a nightmare!)
10. The amazing opportunity I have been given to live abroad, travel, study, etc. 

I am truly thankful. God's timing has been amazing. I never imagined I would be away from Freetown for 6 weeks but it has been good. God has an incredible way of turning things around for the good and teaching us along the way. 

I'm wrapping up my time in the Netherlands: enjoying the good food, 24x7 electricity, high pressure showers, still studying, catching up on Welbodi emails and of course packing. Tomorrow will be a family day (with no work or study!) and on Thursday I am off to Heathrow late night ready for the BMI flight Friday morning. It's getting colder here, so it's definitely time to head back to Sweet Salone...

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~