Sunday, September 09, 2012

A Sunday in Middelburg...

I had an early start today. I left the house at 6:30 am to meet a group from church: the early birds. The church I am a part of in Middelburg chose today as their special church day - a day with all sorts of activities and a chance to get to know each other.The plan was to begin outdoors and watch the sunrise and thank God for His amazing creation and for the church family He has given us. It was a chance for me to get to know some people (seeing as I am hardly here I don't know a lot of the members). The colors in the sky were absolutely stunning and it was great to spend some time in the cool breeze looking over the water and talking to God. After our outdoor adventure we drove to the church and enjoyed a delicious breakfast with about 100 people.


Breakfast was followed by a service. I missed some of it because my sister and brother-in-law were on stage leading worship and my youngest niece (here that is) was not too happy about that and really really wanted to go to her mom and not sit with me. My niece and I ended up taking a long walk outside. Let's just say we had some quality time together. We saw a windmill, trains, boats, ducks and a lot of people on bikes. My niece was pretty happy.

I spent some time this afternoon studying as well as skyping my parents and a few friends. It's always nice to catch up with people. I then ended the evening with an impromptu BBQ with friends. It's been a good day. And I am again so thankful for the amazing life God has given me. I'm especially thankful today for the the beauty around me and the people in my life.


No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~