Friday, July 20, 2012

Don't give up...

I have had somewhat of a difficult week for many different reasons and at one point yesterday the words ‘give up’ crossed my mind. Thankfully, yesterday evening I met with a wonderful group of ladies and we talked about persevering and enduring. So, that’s what I’ll so. I will persevere. And when I’m unsure of things, I’ll spend time in prayer and try to figure out what God is saying and trust He will provide answers over time. Don’t worry. I’m okay. I have a wonderful group of friends here...which I suppose in part is a bit of the problem since a number of them are leaving. But even so, I know they are friends for life. And, I really do love it here and I know that no matter where I am in life, or what I am doing, there will always be frustrations and difficulties. Some of the same issues I face here I would likely face in the West. Right now, I suppose I couldn’t be in a better place. So, no giving up...

Anyway, I am working from home today. I had a meeting scheduled on the west of town and figured I might as well work on this side today. It gives me a little bit of space from the hospital too which is probably good for today. Power at the hospital has been awful all week and there hasn’t been any internet for 2 weeks and I need to get some computer work/emailing done. The plan was to go to the Spur Road office, but it has been pouring non-stop for the last 3 hours, so, I am still at home. Later today I will have to venture into town for a meeting and hopefully the rain has stopped by then! Fortunately, there is electricity at home for the time being and I have off-line email writing capabilities. I also have a speedy airtel dongle that I can use to send off my emails at some point. So, with a cup of tea and a chocolate muffin (thanks to my very thoughtful flat mate who I will miss a lot when she leaves!) I am working from home. Enduring and persevering...

If you've been thinking about giving up lately. Don't. Persevere. Endure. Be encouraged.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

You are the best. I feel blessed to be your mom. I love you.

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~