Monday, September 05, 2011

A quieter Monday...

I think today might have been the first time that I waved my colleagues off to the hospital and stayed behind at the Spur Road office on the West side of town. I realized that in order to move forward with Comic Relief, I would need to spend a good chunk of uninterrupted time on it and for today that meant staying away from the clinical world and hiding from the many people that come in and out of the office at the hospital.

So, at 7 am I started work in the office and it was nice and quiet until about 11 am when some others arrived. Fortunately everyone did his or her own thing and my productivity level remained at a high. Internet then cut out, which was annoying, but not a surprise and to be honest, didn’t effect what I was doing anyway. Oh, except for the fact that I was supposed to have a Skype call with one of the Welbodi Director’s. She ended up having to call my phone for a good hour and a half conversation about Comic Relief.

After the Comic Relief call I got a taxi to Connaught Hospital to meet with a radiographer about the ongoing need for a radiology facility at the Maternity and Children’s Hospital. Unfortunately, little progress had been made in the past month or two and our hands are kind of tied. It gave us the opportunity to call up some people in the Ministry to see where they are at with things. Let’s hope there’s progress soon. I was then able to catch my colleagues in the Welbodi car on the way home, which was convenient. And I headed back to the Spur Road office to finish up some work. I was hoping to download a number of documents from googledocs onto my computer, but of course, as soon as I started with the first document, Internet cut out. Go figure. By that time it was 6:30 pm. Time to call it a night!

I spent the evening cooking pasta and pesto, talking to my mom and watching an episode of ER with my colleague. It was in the end a productive day, and I’d say it’s probably worth repeating a day at the Spur Road office in the near future. But tomorrow, it’s back to Ola During...

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~