Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hope for Sierra Leone...


I was pleased to catch a glimpse of the sunrise yesterday. It was a good reminder of the beautiful world we live in. I have to say the last few weeks have been tough. And in tough times in can be hard to see the beauty in anything. Yes, there have been good times, but there have been a lot of difficult and challenging times. Children dying unnecessarily. Colleagues refusing to work together. Lack of motivation for people to do their work. Working in a healthcare system that just does not function as it should. We are trying, but it's not easy. At times it is hard to discern whether or not we are making a difference. However, I am not going to give up. I have invested far too much to give up now! Despite the difficulties, I do love this place and the people and know that with time things will continue to improve. I know that in the middle of the suffering and injustice that takes place, there is still hope. Hope for a better place. Hope for a brighter future. Hope for the children of Sierra Leone. Here's to HOPE.

5 comments:

jody said...

So beautiful, Sandra. And I am continually inspired and challenged by your love, resolve, and commitment to Sierra Leone. Thank you. Much love!

meemers said...

Yes, Hope is a powerful and necessary thing! May you continue to have an over abundance of it my friend!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, u r making a difference!

Anonymous said...

That is the most kind thing I have had in Longtime,our love and support. May god bless u.

Courtney O. said...

I found your blog through a google search. Our family is considering moving to Sierra Leone. Would you be willing to help me with some of the questions I have about SL? You can email me directly at courtneyorrange@gmail.com
Thanks!

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~