Sunday, August 14, 2011

Short Sunday summary...

Rain, rain and more rain. That pretty much sums up the weather. I knew it would be a struggle to get to church if it was pouring rain so I chose an easier option and asked Farah, a taxi driver, to pick me up. It was much more convenient. During the service the rain stopped and I was able to teach Sunday school, which takes place outside. Today I taught fifteen children between the ages of 2 and 8. I was happy I picked a good craft that kept them all busy and out of too much trouble! As of next week we are splitting Sunday school into three groups: 2-5 years, 6-10 years, 11 and up. I will be teaching the 6-10 year olds which I am really looking forward to. However, it looks like it means teaching every other week instead of every third week. Things are just getting busier.

I spent the afternoon at home and ended up taking a nap curled up on my bed wearing a sweater. Yes, it really does get a little chilly in rainy season. I love that aspect of the rains. There wasn’t any power (there hasn’t been all weekend) and so there wasn’t much else I could do. Late afternoon I headed to the port to visit friends on the Africa Mercy. On my way I stopped at a friends house to say bye, since she is leaving Sierra Leone for good. There are a lot of people leaving this summer. That’s one of the aspects of life here I don’t like so much! My visit to the ship was fun. It was great to catch up with friends and I enjoyed the service. After a hot chocolate (with a shot of mint) in the Starbucks cafĂ© it was time to head home. It’s now nearly 11 pm and time for me to go to bed. It’s going to be an early start tomorrow since I have to be out of the door by 6:50 am. I’m hoping for a productive and smooth week.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~