Wednesday, July 20, 2011

36 hours to go...

The 36 hours have begun. I can't say I am excited about the actual traveling that will take me to my family but hey, it's the only option and they are well worth it. At least there are some good things about the travel.


Good news: There is free wi-fi at Lungi Airport! Granted it's a little slow, but I can't complain as even schiphol doesn't offer free internet.

Bad news: I've already spent an hour waiting at the water taxi 'terminal' and two hours at the airport prior to check-in. I have another hour to wait before I can check in and then another 5 hours before boarding.

Good news: There's food upstairs. I'm looking forward to dinner from the Lungi restaurant. I think I'm that hungry. And, I am sure it will be better than pot noodles (Ramen noodles) which seems to have become my staple diet over the past few weeks. I know, I know, that's not going to help my hemoglobin any. But, it's quick, fast, cheap and pretty tasty.

Bad news: The flight will be really full (but at least I'll be on it). Hopefully I'll sleep a bit.

Good news: Although I have a long lay-over in Heathrow (5+ hours) at least I can do some shopping. I'm looking forward to browsing in book shops, eating some yummy chocolate and drinking some milk!

Bad news: I then have another 2 flights to go including another 4 hour lay-over in Chicago. Oh, the joys of traveling.

Good news: Once I arrive in Denver, I'll be picked up by my brother and on my way to re-unite with Genae and Porter and meet my niece Finley. I am very excited about that.

So, 36 hours to go...but in true Salone style, I'll manage! Right now I am sitting with two travel mates in the cafe while my small suitcase is left unattended in the middle of the hall. It's saving my spot in the line. I should be within the first ten to check in! I will be on that flight. In the meantime, I'm finally going to catch up on blogging. You can expect some more posts over the next few weeks.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~