Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back to Namina's village...

From top L to bottom R: Juliette, Saidu, Ibrahim, Wara, grandson, Isatu, me, Koleh, Musa, Namina

11 weeks ago I went to Namina's village for the first time. That is when I told her that she had been scheduled for surgery in March. Since that visit, she had surgery and spent a further 8 1/2 weeks admitted on the ship and at the Hope Center. During that time I saw her regularly. On Friday the 13th of May she came to the hospital to tell me she had been discharged. It was time to go home.

So, a week after her homecoming, I thought it would be nice to visit her. So, off I went with two of my friends - Osman, a driver, and Juliette, nurse I worked with in the Aberdeen clinic. It was a great day, full of smiles and fun and some adventure. We had a great time with Namina, her siblings, and her mother (Wara), and the rest of the village! It was great to see Namina settled again and playing with her friends. Her life has been changed. And so has her family’s. More details and photos to follow…

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~