Monday, April 18, 2011

Training & Tokeh...

I realize that I have not posted again since my 'crisis' day 10 days ago. No, it wasn't a crisis. I just hit a low point. I got out of it quite quickly, so no need to worry. Since then it's been really busy and I just haven't had a chance to blog.

Last week we had an excellent week of training for the national nurses. Together with the Welsh team from ABM, we delivered a 4-day course on Emergency Triage Assessment and Treatment (ETAT). More soon. It was exciting to be able to teach others and amazing to see the nurses so eager to learn. We had a lot of good laughs. Now, it's time for implementation.

Fortunately I was able to get away this weekend and for the first time in weeks, did not do any work over the weekend! Hurray for me. A group of us went to Tokeh beach and camped their overnight on Saturday. It was lovely. I love waking up to the sound of the ocean and watch the sunrise over the mountains. Unfortunately though, I slept terribly. I need to buy a self-inflatable sleeping mat! On Sunday we walked over to river 2 beach and caught up with some friends there and in the afternoon we drove to Franco's for a pasta and lobster lunch. No complaints from me!

It's back to work now and actually we're stuck at the Spur Road office, waiting for a government official to come and sort out our expat registrations. We've been waiting for two hours and we're still hoping they'll come soon. Then it's off to the hospital to assess the nurses on their ETAT skills.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~