Wednesday, March 09, 2011

A lighter read...

Last week Tuesday I had to go to the Ministry in the morning, the hospital in the afternoon, then back to the Ministry in the afternoon and finally to a meeting in Wilberforce. It was a lot of traveling back and forth: some in the Welbodi car, some by local taxi and some on foot. As I was walking from the Ministry building to catch a taxi up to Wilberforce a couple of school girls, probably around 6 years of age, passed by. They were giggling and full of smiles. One girl walked up to me and handed me a beautiful bright pink flower and said “A want yu fo padi.” She wanted me to be her friend. I said “yes” and smiled. A few minutes later another schoolgirl, probably about 8 years old, tapped my arm and said “Aunty, please cross me.” We were at a busy intersection and she wanted me to help her cross the road. I took her by the hand and crossed the street with her. After a few more minutes of chatting and walking, we went our separate ways and I couldn’t help but smile and say to myself “I love these children.”

1 comment:

Marianne said...

love it ... thanks for sharing

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~