Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dreamgiver journal entry...

Quoting (in italics) from my journal entry on June 28, 2009 about a week before I left Sierra Leone.


One day he heard the Dream Giver say, "Come Further". As he [stepped outside the gate] he felt strangely uncomfortable. He looked toward the distant Unknown. The Dream Giver said: "Now let me show you more. There's so much more of my Big Dream waiting for you. Soon you will leave what is familiar once again. And I will be with you." (from "The Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkinson)

My dream here in Salone is nearly done [starting/running the clinic]. My dream will grow into a new and bigger dream. Soon it will be time to pursue it. The horizon is full or promise.

For the past 9 months I have been in Holland (except for my trip to Haiti). In the midst of the daily happenings here I took time to figure out what to do next. I found it a difficult situation to be in. At times feeling anxious and desperate, waiting for something new to come up. And other times feeling content waiting, knowing that all I needed to do was trust. Believing that when the timing was right, it would be clear. The process was good. I think that over the past 9 months I have been able to reflect more on my passions and goals. Maybe the past 9 months were like a pregnacy/birthing process. A new dream growing inside, or developing at least. And still that dream will need to grow. But I am hoping very soon that some of that dream will become a reality. I think I am nearing the end of the process (at this stage). Soon I will be leaving what is familiar once again. (More to follow once a decision has been made.) But I do sincerely hope that my dreams will continue to grow.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~