Friday, January 29, 2010

Haiti prep...

Now that my trip to Haiti has been confirmed there are many things to do.

My flight from Brussels to Dallas was booked today.
I arranged housing in Texas.
Vaccinations arrived at our GP's office and are in the fridge waiting to be injected.
I found my Mefloquine (Lariam) tablets and will take the first one on Sunday.
My hiking back pack has taken up residence in my bedroom.
I received a 'what to bring list' from YWAM this evening.
I'm having someone track down some scrubs for me (I gave mine away in Sierra Leone).
And I've made multiple 'to do' lists already today.
Lots to do.
And all the while wondering what it will really be like in Haiti.
Knowing that my first visuals in Haiti will be so much worse than what I've seen on TV.
Seeing that the suffering goes far beyond what is being covered in the news.
Yet being confident that God is there, in the midst of it all.
For the Haitians, for our team, for me.
Lord, prepare my heart.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~