Thursday, May 14, 2009

May day...

For the past week now I feel like I am calling out 'may day may day may day'.
Yes, this is a time of distress.
Exactly a week ago I was in my office checking up on some of the record keeping.
To my surprise, actually I was shocked, I noticed false entries in the medication book.
Much more medication was being written down than I was prescribing.
May day may day may day.
This was cause for alarm.
Sure enough, records were being falsified.
Not once, not twice but many times over and over.
Sometimes numerous times on one day.
It was a good cover up.
Taking drugs and making sure the books reflected the deduction as if I prescribed them.
Adding medications in the book for a patient who I only gave a few meds to.
Changing the amount I prescribed for a patient.
Writing medications under the ID of patients I sent elsewhere without meds.
Or under the ID of patients I hadn't seen in the last 1-2 years.
Clever.
And it has been going on for a long time.
After confrontation, dismissal and catching meds in someone's purse it was not yet over.
More people were accused of being involved.
Everyone denied.
Who to believe?
How can you trust, when someone you have trusted for 4 years has betrayed you?
Why do so many people here seem to think it is alright to steal?
Because we are white?
Because we have more than they do?
It's definitely a different set of ethics here.
Anyway, it's been a tough week.
Here I am supposed to be treating children and I am stuck writing warning letters and cross-checking records.
I have seen less patients this entire week than I usually do in one day.
Just think of all the children that have been sent away at the gate this week.
There must be a reason for all of this.
In the big picture it must make sense.
But I just don't see it right now.
However, I know that God will work through this and I will grow because of this.
But it is not easy.
Not easy for me.
But then, it's not about me; it is about Him.
And even through this, He can be glorified.

“Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.” Psalm 115:1

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~