Saturday, January 17, 2009

Trip to town...

The week was long.
But after a good laugh watching Mamma Mia last night I was ready to hit town.
Although town can be crazy and chaotic at times, usually it's alright.
You just have to learn to ignore the 'white man' and 'white girl' comments.

First port of call- SN Brussels office.
My main reason for going to town was actually to pay for my ticket home.
So, once we found the place (it's a new office) we went in and I got that done.
I now have my Freetown-Brussels ticket for Febuary 6th! Yay!

Then it was off to Malama Thomas Street - the fabric street - to find fabric for a 2 piece outfit.
We were trying to figure out how much fabric I would need: 3 yards, 3 1/2 or more.
The owner of the shop said "3 go do, yu no get beaucoup bodi"
In other words- he was saying I only need 3 yards because I am skinny! We all laughed.

After that we headed to Montana's for some lunch.
Montana's is actually the place with the best ice cream in town.
But there was no ice cream yet today; too early.
So we enjoyed shawarma (lebanese bread with veg and beef/chicken) instead.

After Montana's we quickly went into the supermarket next door.
A bit of an unusual store with way more cosmetics than food goods and quite expensive.
But also the largest selection of soft drinks (sodas, pop); occassionally even Dr. Pepper there.
And guess what - they had it today! Another successful trip.

Now I'm back at the house and we have national power!
Unfortunately it doesn't generate enough power for the washing machine to work,
But I can use internet and don't have to worry about my laptop battery dying on me.
Ready for a relaxing afternoon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must have been a good trip into town, did you buy material? What color? Where? Did you go with Vez? Did others go? I am home sick for Salone these days .... eat some Fatu Fruit salad for me....
Mama

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~