Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Survived another week"...

This evening I was at a friend's house, sitting on the balcony with a couple of people watching the most amazing sunset, while we were talking about this past week. Honestly this week has been VERY GOOD but also VERY TIRING. I guess with the amount of patients we've been seeing in the clinic this week, that's not a surprise. One of my friends looked at me and said "Sandra, you survived another week". Strange comment? Well, it's true. It's Friday evening again, I made it to the end of the week. However, this comment made me think. Here I am, 'called' to do this work; work that is challenging but also very rewarding. However, sometimes, at the end of the week, it really does feel like a relief to have made it to Friday and I am so glad it is weekend. And I really do feel like a survivor. Having said this, the same strange feeling pops up on a Monday morning. When my alarm goes off and I know I have to get out of bed to get ready for work; to start another week. At that moment I would really rather stay in bed. Crazy thought. Why would I want to stay in bed when I am doing amazing stuff out here?! Work that I dreamed of doing. Well, I guess it's only human nature. To look forward to weekends and dread Monday mornings, no matter what kind of work you do! At least, I kind of assume that lots of people have these same notions. So, even though I look forward to weekends and dread Mondays, just know that I really do love my job! And I have had some great times with my patients this week...

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~