Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lunsar, Joshua, Beach, Chinese and more...

This week has been great. Busy, but good. A satisfying week. And it's not over yet!

Tomorrow I am heading out to a place called Lunsar- about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Freetown. I am going to an NGO run hospital to visit some patients I referred. Children with a specific tumor called Burkitt's Lymphoma. Fortunately the hospital there runs a special chemotherapy program for them! It's the only place in the country with affordable treatment. I think it's only available in 2 other places, but very expensive. I am looking forward to a brief trip upcountry, connecting with the doctors there and hopefully seeing 2 of my patients responding to chemo.

Afterwards I will be picking up Joshua David - who is now 6! And he'll be spending the weekend with us. I'm excited about that. He's always fun to have around. It's been a little while since I've seen him (February). His caretaker/granny is very sick and so we've been asked to look after him for the weekend. It'll be good for my Krio!

And then Saturday we'll be celebrating my birthday a bit more. A possible beach trip (weather permitting...it's rainy season!) and going out for dinner to a very posh Chinese restaurant.

All in all...a fun filled weekend! Hope you enjoy yours too...

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~