Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter gift from a patient...

I was surprised this afternoon when the mom of one of my patients showed up with bags of 'stuff' and no child. I had been treating her child for pneumonia and he was doing much better. She was so thankful, she came bearing gifts! For Easter. 2 pineapples, 1 papaya, a bag full of small cucumbers and 'black tumbler'... which I had never tried before - small black seeds on twigs is what it looks like. You eat the furry sweet outside bit and then spit out the seed. It was tasty in a somewhat interesting way. I was happy to give the black tumbler and a pineapple to our local cook :) But very thankful. It always amazes me that people with so little, still give what they have, out of appreciation! Sometimes I think we have so much to learn in the area of giving and sacrifice...

1 comment:

Meulkids said...

bring us a pineapple???? haha

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~