Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ultimate cookies on a Saturday...


I’ve felt exhausted the last two weeks so I decided I really am going to take it easy this weekend. Yesterday evening I watched a movie with some friends and then a few episodes of Lost. Didn’t go to bed early in the end, but knew I could sleep in. Woke up a couple of times around 730 ish this morning and heard people going in and out but stayed in bed. Lovely! I have spent the day doing stuff around the house. Catching up on email, (yes we have national power today- so electricity on a Saturday!!!), blogging, listening to music, booking my flights for my holiday in April, baking cookies (Ultimate cookies- the best cookies ever!), watching Lost, playing guitar. Lots of nothing much really. It’s been good. This is what weekends are for.

So – the cookies – they really are the best. Chocolate, peanut butter, oats, raisins, cornflakes, the works! A perfect cookie for a Saturday, well for any day really. Here’s a quick glimpse into our African kitchen – the oven door doesn’t close properly so we have to prop it closed with a broken off broom stick and 5 gallon container of water.
:)

1 comment:

genae said...

very fun cookies.

glad to hear you got some rest!

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~