Thursday, January 03, 2008

Life...

On December 28th I received news that a friend passed away in a tragic diving accident. She was 29 years old. I met her in 2005, while she spent 9 months here, serving the disabled in Sierra Leone. She was full of energy, full of life and a great laugh. Needless to say her absence will be felt by many.

This tragedy has made me think a lot.
Ponder about various aspects:
Life. Death.
Purpose. Goals. Dreams.

Life is full of unknowns.
Full of circumstances which can be turned into opportunities.
I am reminded of a quote from the movie “Dead Poets Society”: Carpe diem

Or seize the day.
Make your lives extraordinary.
Live life to the fullest.
Make every moment count.

My friend’s sister ended her email with a comforting thought, which I want to leave with you:

“It is not what happens to us in life but how we deal with it.
The things that happen to us in life can either leave us a little bit better or a little bit bitter.
It's our choice. We choose better, and we hope you do too.”


I am continuing to pray for my friend’s family in this difficult time and pray that God will use it for the better.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~