Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving...

Good morning.
This is the 2nd time this week I find myself up & running early in the morning.
This time I woke up at 5 am, but it was my own alarm clock that woke me up.
I wanted to say bye to friends who are heading back to the Africa Mercy.
They were here for a week, helping with the technical/maintenance side of things!
They were a great help, and lots of fun to have around.
Speaking of Friends...
Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I think most of us would agree that friendships are something we can be thankful for.
We had a wonderful time last night.
Celebrating Thanksgiving with 28 people.
Representing 9 countries: America, Canada, England, Scotland, South Africa, The Netherlands, Nigeria, Sweden & New Zealand.
From Mercy Ships Sierra Leone, to 4 American guys ("the guys") planting a church here, people from the IOC in Texas, a visiting mechanic from the UK, people from the Africa Mercy, a visiting surgeon, a lady working at a local orphanage, a physio who works with us part time and her dad who is visiting.
A few people spent the day at home preparing while some of us went to the center.
Clinic was long but done just in time to get us home in time for a shower before our special dinner.
I can tell you we had the most amazing dinner.
Here in Sierra Leone we managed to put together the perfect Thanksgiving meal.
Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, stuffing, pumpkin pie, jello, apple pie, ice cream.
What a treat!
We thoroughly enjoyed the dinner.
And afterwards had a great time of worship and sharing.
I couldn't have had a better Thanksgiving.
And I can truely say I am glad I could spend it with friends.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~