Monday, April 30, 2007

Christmas in April...

So, it’s been a little while since my last post. It’s not that there’s no news, I just haven’t sat down to write an entry. It’s also been a long time since Christmas. Why am I even mentioning Christmas??? Well, believe it or not I received two Christmas cards today. Yes, Christmas cards. They were sent last December of course, to the Mercy Ships office in Texas. They crossed the Atlantic Ocean from East to West probably by Air and then crossed the Atlantic Ocean again from West to East by Sea (container ship). So, after a journey of about 4 months and many miles the cards finally made it to me here in Sierra Leone. Maybe the local PO Box is a more reliable way to receive mail! :) You never know. Anyway, it was fun to receive some REAL mail and this time I can really see why it is referred to as ‘SNAIL MAIL’. Although, if you ask me, I think a snail could have traveled from Holland to Sierra Leone faster than these letters did.

Thanks to those that sent mail!

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~