Thursday, March 29, 2007

Daily commute...

Yes, I have to commute to work everyday, however, I definitely can’t complain about it. The commute takes all of about 15-20 minutes (depending on traffic and who’s driving) and most of the drive is along Lumley beach. Ocean breeze…crashing waves…fishing boats going out to sea…children walking to school…palm trees lining the road…beach huts…lots of speed bumps… Anyway, you get the point; it’s a nice drive, except for the speed bumps maybe. And I must say it's a great way to start and finish the day. This picture was taken on the way back home after a long days work. I took the picture from inside a moving vehicle, but it still turned out quite alright. This week hasn’t been too busy but it’s been very hot, which in itself has been quite draining. I’ve been pretty tired. Twice this week I had the chance to go to one of the little huts along the beach after work to stop for a drink. It’s amazing what a cold coke, a setting sun and an ocean breeze can do to change one’s mood!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Hey san, doet me denken aan onze tijd op de anastasis. Als ik je stukje lees krijg ik weer even helemaal dat afrika gevoel. Heerlijk:)
groetjes jac

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~