Monday, August 07, 2006

Meet James & John...


James & John came to my clinic for the first time last month. As I met them, together with their mom, I realized that it was a pretty significant meeting. With Sierra Leone having the highest maternal mortality rate in the world, it was amazing that mom made it through childbirth- delivering a set of twins. And with the highest child mortality rate in the world I guess it is amazing that both boys made it to the age of 5!

I have seen various sets of twins in the clinic. However, often I see a child that is a twin but the mom is quick to tell me the other twin died, often within the first year of life. Fortunately that is not the case for James & John.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wat een mooie jongens(:
het is genieten om naar te kijken

Anonymous said...

That picture of James and John is just fantastic, not just that they are alive but thae joy with which they clearly live their lives. aexcellent photo. Jenny

Anonymous said...

That picture of James and John is just fantastic, not just that they are alive but thae joy with which they clearly live their lives. aexcellent photo. Jenny

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~