Saturday, June 03, 2006

exciting moments on the final sailing day...

First exciting moment…
I made an awesome discovery while I was up on the bridge. I found a compass observation log book. The front of the book has names written on it…names of captains that were onboard when I was here as a child. And the first log entry was from 1983! Wow, a lot of history has been written on the Anastasis.




Second exciting moment…
Two hours of my time on the bridge were while we were sailing…the second two hours I was up there was when we were drifting (because our berth at the port was still occupied). Anyway, while drifting, we drifted across the Prime Meridian of the World, otherwise known as longitude “Zero”. Mind you, for those staying in Tema, it’s not that exciting as the city of Tema is on both sides of the Meridian, and you can walk across the imaginary line any time you want to. But for me it was fun to be on the bridge as we first crossed it.




Another moment...
Not so exciting...but I was by inspired by friends to take the following picture. Me, standing at the bow of the ship. Enjoy.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~